Additional Fees
Insurance Plans Acceptance

I had insurance with this company for well over 16 years, during which time I had one previous claim for my roof I believe in all that time. Then in 2017 my water heater flooded my house and Ruined my carpet and baseboards which I had to file a claim.

Shortly after a huge storm came and destroyed half our town including my property and house causing me to have to file a second claim. Well, on my first claim I was only given 2500 to rip up the carpet haul it off take up the tack strip, repaint and repair the walls and baseboards, etc..and replace the flooring, yeah like that would pay for it. I am a single Mom, I work in law enforcement, and go to school, and have no one to help me and no other income, I got an extension an and finally saved to get everything done but the floors installed and emailed the company with the pictures and request for the remainder of my claim allowance to allow me to pay to have the floors installed on 10/25, and I was told sorry your date to ask for the remainder of your allowance was 10/24, and your claim is closed.

Also they dropped my coverage. I just can't even believe it, I can't stop crying, I don't know what I'm going to do.

Comments

GermaniaInsurance
Germania Insurance Verified Representative

YoungWhippet, Firstly, I am sorry you are experiencing these claim and policy issues during such a tough time and I completely understand your frustration. My name is Meagan, and I would like to assist you in any way I can to resolve this situation.

If you will please email your claim details to me at gsocial@germaniainsurance.com, I would like to forward your information directly to our claims department leadership team and see what they can do. Thank You.